goldfish need music too. this one's taste is ultra-refined. only the best for the fattest fish around. read the blog. we'll drag you through concerts, websites, new music reviews and the same stuff you read everywhere else. except here, we're ruled by a creature whose memory is three seconds long. it's a tough swim.
save to del.icio.us
- Jed and Lucia - Candles In Daylight
- Camera Obscura - mp3s for a night with me.
- Hem - Funnel Cloud
- Brazilian Girls - Talk To La Bomb
- Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton - the album
- i'm sorry!
- your silence most offends me.
- Goldenboy - Underneath The Radio
- Annuals Album Review
- the most amazing thing i have ever discovered in m...
archives05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 09.2006 / 10.2006 / 11.2006 / 12.2006 / 01.2007 / 02.2007 / 03.2007 / 07.2007 / 08.2007 /
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Wolfmother and Rogue Wave? 9.12 hey there cherubs. interested in what we've been doing lately? no? how about if i told you that on Tuesday we went to two shows? that's right, two.
no time for talking, no time for reading, here are the pictures:
[full flickr set]
Wolfmother at the Pavilion:
- through extremely ironic means we acquired free VIP tickets to see Wolfmother and The Strokes at the Pavilion. why not take advantage? well, a time conflict with Rogue Wave's show, of course. so we decided to split them up. the incredible performance by Wolfmother was so worth the trip on the silver line, and we were able to conveniently catch two songs by The Strokes and then check out in time to head to Cambridge. they're... okay. meh.
Rogue Wave at the Middle East:
- i am going to say something that makes Alex queasy and my readers aghast: i think the performance i saw by Rogue Wave last night surpassed almost every single other show i saw this entire summer. if it doesn't, it at least matches the very best. if you've been following along at home, i've seen far over twenty bands, and i went to Lollapalooza; now you see that i'm saying something. this is one of my top five favorite bands, literally, and i was floating just to see them again. the second time was even better than the first, i'm telling you. i could rave for hours but there you are - awesome guys, awesome music. expect an interview coming soon (be still my heart).
ironic that Zach joked about The Strokes opening up for them; i wanted to tell him we left the show to see them. i guess i'll be able to.
NOTE: as much as toaster loves free music, he'd like to encourage you to buy the cds of the artists you enjoy. he'd also like to remind you that any music hosted by or linked to from this page is property of its respective owners, so if that's you and you'd like it to not be here, just let us know.
READ ME: if files are not working properly upon opening or saving [ex: unknown file type], make sure that there is a .mp3 at the end of the filename, and all will be well.
also: all files posted will only remain available for two to three weeks. if you find something in an old post that you'd really like to hear, tell us.
be our god damn myspace friend. damn it.
love for these blogs
magazine style (no fins required to flip pages)
buy stuff, look around, find things...
because radio sucks everywhere else