goldfish need music too. this one's taste is ultra-refined. only the best for the fattest fish around. read the blog. we'll drag you through concerts, websites, new music reviews and the same stuff you read everywhere else. except here, we're ruled by a creature whose memory is three seconds long. it's a tough swim.
save to del.icio.us
- Regina Spektor @ Avalon: an alternative live revie...
- KT Tunstall covers Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees....
- The Little Ones -getting their record dealios on.
- All the Hype: The Decemberists, The Killers, Jet, ...
- goodness gracious: Silversun Pickups/Viva Voce tou...
- Rogue Wave: my favorite song.
- Ben Kweller gives of himself freely. and you?
- Beck - The Information
- having trouble getting up in the morning?
- Jesse Gallagher, Apollo Sunshine, John Mayer, Sufj...
archives05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 09.2006 / 10.2006 / 11.2006 / 12.2006 / 01.2007 / 02.2007 / 03.2007 / 07.2007 / 08.2007 /
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Q&A with Apollo Sunshine's Jesse Gallagher
ah, here i am again, impressing upon you the insanely good band Apollo Sunshine. i retain that they're the best band to come out of Boston in an impressively long time. really truly.
i got the opportunity to run a few quick questions by Jesse Gallagher (center), about whom i've posted before (go search yourselves, bitches). he's a smart dude. i agree with a lot of his answers (if you haven't seen it, Waking Life is an important movie to watch, i mean it) but by far the best answer is the last. it essentially defines the Jesse/Apollo Sunshine mentality.
do check out these guys. i will grow hoarse soon with my insisting.
here's the man now:
1. About what book or movie would you feel comfortable judging somebody based on their appreciation of it?
If someone really dug that movie "Waking Life" or the book "The Power of Myth" I could probably judge that they had traveled a course that has opened their mind in a good way..
2. What is your favorite word? Also, what is your favorite swear?
i like the word "LOVE" cause it sorta skips past your brain and seeps right into your stomach and heart...
swear?.. I like "FUCK", cause the fuck is where we all came from...
3. What city would you live in (any time period) and why?
i would have loved to have lived with the Dogon tribes in Africa...
4. What do you think are the obligations of an artist (if any) to his/her viewer/audience?
To entertain... and to be honest....
5. Do you believe that, as Nietsche says, "Laughter is the death of an emotion?"
laughter is also the best emotion....
6. What other profession could you see yourself having?
7. Say there is actually a heaven. What would you like the higher being to say when you reach "the gates?"
"woo hoo!, your here!... here's your solid gold turntables.... could you kindly start up the dance party?"
NOTE: as much as toaster loves free music, he'd like to encourage you to buy the cds of the artists you enjoy. he'd also like to remind you that any music hosted by or linked to from this page is property of its respective owners, so if that's you and you'd like it to not be here, just let us know.
READ ME: if files are not working properly upon opening or saving [ex: unknown file type], make sure that there is a .mp3 at the end of the filename, and all will be well.
also: all files posted will only remain available for two to three weeks. if you find something in an old post that you'd really like to hear, tell us.
be our god damn myspace friend. damn it.
love for these blogs
magazine style (no fins required to flip pages)
buy stuff, look around, find things...
because radio sucks everywhere else